Saturday, January 15, 2005

Showing off my cheekbones

Skipping breakfast and dinner has taken its toll on me.

Living alone is quite a trouble when it comes to meals. You have problems eating breakfast and dinner on a regular basis. This is my case. I don't cook. If I do cook, I "cook" instant noodles or I fry whatever I can fry. So I only have the best of all unhealthy foods: monosodium glutamate and cholesterol. (Oily foods even aggravate the pains of hyperacidity!) It's really just stressful to worry about what you're going to eat for lunch.

I've been living alone since March last year which makes it a total of 10 months of almost little or no breakfast and dinner. I have grown thin and I was the envy of my friends and relatives. My health-conscious cousin even commented to me: "Tricia, I didn't realize that you had cheekbones!" It sounded a little bit sarcastic but if you knew my cousin, it was even a compliment. Oh well, that's because of living alone. Hyperacidity, on the other hand, is also because of living alone.

I started to have some bouts of hyperacidity last month just before we went up to Baguio. I ignored it and dismissed it as simple "funny tummies". (Imagine, I'm still in denial!) It disappeared after a week and a half. Now, just barely a month, I am experiencing "funny tummies" again. I guess I can't ignore this one anymore. I have to admit that I may be having hyperacidity which may lead to ulcer! (No, I haven't been diagnosed by a gastroenterologist.)

Medicines?

Nah. I'm over taking medicines. If I can find alternatives I would. Tea is a good alternative and healthy foods. I'd probably just slowly break-in some food into my tummy. Bring crackers (tell me how I can make crackers more appetizing, please!) for me to munch during the day. I guess, para presumir, hay que sufrir. If I want to look good and healthily good, I have make that sacrifice of eating hard, tasteless, and dry bread. So much for the discovery of my cheekbones!

No comments: