Saturday, January 08, 2005

Baguio!

Went to Baguio with my whole family last December 27-29, 2004. It must have been my first since 2000. I was not really fond of going to Baguio. I hate long drives. Anyway, I gave my family a chance and so I agreed. Whoa! I didn't imagine how great The Manor Hotel was until I saw it myself!

Anyway, we went to Baguio not worrying about the recent outbreak "Meningococcemia". Not one of us were worried about getting infected. Personally, I didn't even know that the bacteria thrives in the wet market. Not that we were aware that it's contained there in the market, we just simply didn't want to go to the local wet market! Sheesh! We were saved (perhaps) by our own "sophistication" and ignorance.

PC290131

On the second night, we had to leave The Manor because they didn't have any more free rooms to lend us. (We were chance clients.) I called for a booking in El Cielito Inn (NOT a hotel, just an inn). I work for the Foundation of El Cielito. So I guess I felt a bit proud to be able to stay in one of OUR "hotels." Perhaps I expected too much about the condition of El Cielito rooms and apartelles that I got "shocked" moving from a Five Star Manor Hotel to a... simple hotel. It was like living in Forbes and transferred to Camella Homes. Anyway, that's what I get staying in a more posh hotel before an inn.

Nevertheless, El Cielito is well-kept in its own league.

No comments: