Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Do I hear Wedding bells?

Wow!

I was talking to a friend about his predicament with his feelings. I didn't advise him directly and told him what he should do. I just tried to ask him questions, put some sense into his current situation. What was the predicament? To marry or not to marry. He was planning to delay any proposal for marriage for another 5 years. I can't imagine some guy who already knows what he wants and still delays it for another 5 years. Like what the priest said in his homily, "If you are already bf-gf for 40 years, don't ask yourself anymore 'Is this the guy that I want to marry' because for sure, he's not the one. It is not what God wants for you." Quite an exaggerated example but wisdom comes out from his words. There's no sense in delaying. You are only opening up your relationship to temptations. (You know what they are.)

Sheesh!

It's hard to give the right advice for someone at the same time, we cannot force anyone to take our advice. I was at a more risky position since I was advising him not to delay the "big leap" anymore. If something goes wrong with his marriage, I can't be responsible for it. I gave him the conditions, he evaluated his situation, and makes the decision. He is always free not to take my advice (and I'm not taking offense of it). Like I said, it's hard to give the right advice.

I lay waiting...

Do I hear Wedding bells for myself? Honestly, I don't hear any bells at all (except for the ice cream man's). Nor do I see myself tying the knot with somebody else and live with him forever. Maybe God wants me to be single forever. I don't mind. I'll be a good aunt to my nieces and nephews through my sister (Pi, I can't wait!!!). For the moment, I can safely think God's will for me is to be single forever... until a guy comes along who I and God deem fit to tie the knot with. I have to be careful because guys may come along my way and maybe they're just distractions or "tests". I have to do a lot of praying, and conferring with God about who or what He wants from me. Hard eh?!

No comments: