Sunday, July 17, 2005

An Old Maid Crisis

Single women reaching their 30th birthday experience an immense crisis of becoming an old maid.

Though not yet 30 and still consider myself far from it, I think I am already in it! However, I see the crisis in itself as actually a crisis of vocation. What does God really want from me? What is He calling me for? Is He really calling me for a marriage vocation or to a single blessedness?

At the moment, I would like to think I am called to single blessedness until maybe I fall in love. So far, I have not fallen in love yet. Some people say that when you fall in love, all your standards crumble down. So far, it hasn't crumbled down so I presume that I have not exactly fallen in love yet.

Right now, I just continue doing what I ought to do to please God and wait until I fall in love. :)

No comments: