Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My Sassy Girl

I wasn't such a freak for Romantic Comedies, but this one got my attention.

Actually, it didn't initially attract me despite the many raves I heard about it from my friends. I wasn't enthused to get a dibidi copy of the movie until the other day when I did some "impulsive" buying. (I originally intended to look for a single dibidi of Dead Poets Society, and I end up getting 4 movies that are unplanned!)

Out of curiosity for the movie that is oh-so-hyped-up by my friends, I played it on our player, and watched. I thought I'd not finish it, and would be willing to stop it in case it will run over my CSI. To my surprise, I find myself intensely watching, I couldn't leave my seat... basically, I was enthralled by this film!

What I find amazing with this movie is that it is actually not one of your typical love stories you can already predict the course of their love-hate relationship. My one word for this movie is: Crafty. (Just a little turn-off in this movie is one scene in the beginning, but with a pure heart, I think it should not be interpreted or imagined more than what it is.) I am quite impressed with the writer and director of the film. How they came up with such ingenuity is simply remarkable. I appreciate - above all - their notion of love. I am impressed with the amount of respect that Gyun Woo has for the girl (It's either she was not named in the movie or I simply forgot her name). I am also captivated by the guy's perseverance and sincere love for the girl. I also loved the way he was able to get to know the girl so well that he knows how to treat her. He simply treated her as a queen.

How I wish I could find someone who would do everything for me! (Of course, I won't take advantage of that.) Pardon my becoming mushy all of a sudden. Honestly, it's not in my genes to be one.

There are a few good Asian love stories, and this is one of them. Filipinos has still yet to come up with a good one. I hope my friend would come up with a similar crafty script and an unbiased director.

No comments: