Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Truth.

How would you know the truth?

I am in an existential crisis of truth. I hear of several people's views (especially of opinions of how people are) and they all differ. I don't know who to believe. I don't know who to trust. There is only one person I trust. I trust God who is all-knowing. No matter how tainted people think of others, God knows who is telling the truth. I'll just have to trust Him.

What do I do now?

I am distancing myself from the people who are confusing me. I don't want to talk to them anymore. That's it. But I do understand why people think differently. It's because we all lie in order to get what we want. Perhaps not lie. Just to give evasive answers or opinions. The best is to be just simply sincere and straightforward, folks. If you try to be "kind" in your words to make a bad thing sound good, then you'll in for a whole mess. Just say things as they are. Call them by their real names.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got tired of playing word games na din. Trying to say the words that the other person would want to hear rather than the words you want them to hear, in order to avoid not hurting them. And like you, I got into a bigger mess than I wished for.

I think it's a natural defense mechanism for most people. But when the truth surfaces, you better get ready to stink when the shit hits the fan.

So this time around, I've decided not to play games, but show sincerity in everything I do, even if it means running into some trouble for it. And also avoid the things that are holding me down. Especially with her. (blush blush) hahaha. hang in there kid, i'll just be here whenever you need me.

Ed

Anonymous said...

and besides, we always have HIM to turn to!

Ed

Anonymous said...

and besides, we always have HIM to turn to!

Ed

tranquillity said...

Hi Ed! Thanks for your comment. I appreciate the assurance and making yourself available for me. Sometimes I feel that I don't have friends left anymore for me to talk to, but there's your assurance which will always make me smile. :-)