Saturday, February 05, 2005

Breaking up is hard to do.

No, I didn't have a boyfriend.

I know I have told you about my friend and how lucky I am to have her as friend, but last night we have finally ended our friendship. She doesn't want to do anything with me anymore. She doesn't want to be associated with me. I tried to salvage the friendship by offering a simple compromise but she was not open. It's either we were really good friends or not friends. And so I conceded to her side: Fine, no more dealings with each other. And so that part of my story ends.

Epilogue.

I have lost a really good friend. Who will I call now when I'm feeling really bad? Who will I share my corny jokes with? Who will I share my latest escapades to now? I didn't want to really end the friendship. I just simply wanted the texting at odd and several times. She didn't like the idea. And so it ended. Though I lost a friend, I know in my heart that she will still be the same friend I described to you before. I would love to think this way at least that she'll be there -- God willing! -- at my funeral. She is still a friend. She doesn't want to do anything with me, but I will still consider her a friend. Her number will still remain in my phonebook. I will still cherish the memories we have had with each other.

Thanks, Martha, for everything. No doubt you were a very supportive and "useful" friend.

No comments: