Sunday, August 06, 2006

Angsty Teacher

Teachers can be angsty too.

I just came from a small get-together with my MA friends yesterday somewhere in Ortigas. We were there planning for a friend's wedding, choosing flowers, conceptualizing, and squeezing our not-so-creative brains for a great theme. Of course, my "new" outspoken me could not help my mouth from blaring out some "candid" comments as were planning. A friend commented something to this effect, "Hey! What's up with you? Ang taray mo ngayon ah."

Reflective me, of course it hinted on the fact that I wasn't mataray before. True, some of my college friends would always tell me how mild-mannered I was, but as years passed, as my experience grows, and as I get to know people I never thought existed in real life "You trying hard copy cat!" (Splashes wine on the face of the "copy cat"), I adapt to my environment and start growing my horns and start locking them with other people's horns. In my friend's word, "Angsty."

Angst was only specific to teenagers, I thought. But maybe I'm acting like a teenager -- again! I already forgot how it is to be mild-mannerd. Hmmmm... I guess I need to do more reflection, and talking to an objective reference.

No comments: