Friday, April 28, 2006

April 24, Universal Studios and a Boyfriend

Great. My cousin gave us several coupons for a free pass to Universal Studios. There was only one problem: It was not transferrable. But as cheapskate Filipinos - or to be politically correct, as Filipinos trying to be smart - we nevertheless tried our luck. We had crazy ideas like to ask my cousin-in-law Aldo to represent himself as "Ed Halili". Anyway, we got to the booth, and thank God, the only condition is that anyone of us who has Halili as a last name (or middle name for that matter) can avail of the coupon. Good thing my cousin Cynthia brought her Philippine driver's license that shows Halili on it. :) Instead of paying f$44 for my ticket, I got to save that and I could buy anything worth that much now for shopping spree tomorrow. Haha!

What I liked about Universal. I got to see the stage in which they tape CSI Las Vegas: Stage 25. No, I didn't go inside. I just got to see the outside and the words "Stage 25" on the walls. That's the closest I can get I guess, but funny how I still felt like I actually saw them live. Heehee. I also liked the Shrek 4-D. Great show. It was funny. When Donkey sneezes, you actually feel a sprinkle of water splash on to your face. And when Lord Farquaad's ghost appears, you could feel cold breeze pass through your hair (or your nape, depending on your height). It was quite cool. The crew in Universal are really funny people. Not too funny, but they just like to kid around. For example, before we started the Shrek show, the voice over announcer was telling us to make sure we put on our seatbelt and that we could find it on the right side of our seats, and as we were just trying to look for it, he suddenly says, "just kidding"! I like the Jurassic Park ride and the show on different visual efffects. It was quite educational. :)

Lunch was also an issue. Imagine paying for hotdog and chips for $6.99? Or just a chili dog for the same price? You're going to go hungry inside if you're saving! That reminds me, we brought our own chips and water jugs for Universal. The water jugs were no problem, but the chips were. The security told us we can't bring big bag chips, but only small ones, so we decided to eat part of the chips before we enter so we can bring them in, and throw half of them into the trash. Embarrassing, but hey, I won't buy small bag chips for $2.99 each!

So we finished and went home early enough not to catch the rush hour traffic. I slept through the whole ride home because I was so tired.

Other things worth mentioning is tonight's blackout. What are the chances that there is a blackout when we are here, and while I was enjoying watching the latest CSI: Miami?!

Well, here I am working on my laptop on battery. Gotta sleep now.

No comments: