Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Epilogue to Sadness

You must be wondering what bothered me a few days back when I wrote a poem on sadness. Yes I was sad and I still consider myself sad. I cannot deny that reality, but I cannot afford to reflect it in my public life. I also have my own "Green Mountain" to escape to. I guess I just have a knack for forgetting easily. It's a talent.

What saddens me is my strong sympathy for those who are in trouble, specifically a really close friend of mine.

I am not quite sure if you have already felt the same way as I do now, but I am sure you can empathize with me. I have a friend stricken with depression. Period. I cannot go beyond this statement anymore.

Just a word of advice: Don't become emotional vampires. An emotional vampire sucks out all the negative emotions of another to the point that the "vampire" feels the same emotions as the other. We have to be strong for our friend. Empathy is good, but strength lies on the other end. Remember, too, that we do not have the solution for everything and we cannot fully blame ourselves for every wrong that happens; otherwise, we'll fall into self-pity, and dive into a depression ourselves.

Smile people!

I am just blabbing here. But I got to blab for my sanity. :)

No comments: