Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Providence and Impatience

I don't know if it's really providence or impatience that my sister with her husband has finally moved back into their house after a two and a half month squat in my parents' house. First, about providence. I've been complaining about how my brother-in-law has been disrespectful to me (to think that I'm older than him by a good 2 years, and to think that men mature more slowly than women), and how he just leaves his dirty clothes and shoes in front of the common use television set. I have been complaining about how I cannot move freely inside my house (I'm still not maried) because my brother-in-law would be watching TV the whole day intermittently napping. [You must know that I don't get along with my brother-in-law.] I have been complaining about how he had quit his job, forcing my sister to work harder to earn for the both of them, and now dreaming about putting up his own business [which means shelling out money for investment].

What's your opinion? Impractical eh? So I told my friend about the situation and she said she'll pray for my intention that they leave the house and live on their own so that the husband will be forced to earn for extra money. Come last Sautrday, March 11. My brother-in-law used my internet cable without permission. I told my sister about it. She asked permission from me for her husband saying that he needed it to fix his dad's computer. Due to my impatience, I burst out complaining to my sister how irresponsible of him not to have finished fixing his dad's computer in his dad's house! I wasn't normally home on Saturday afternoons but I decided to go home that day. That irked my sister, and decided to bitterly leave the house because she felt like I was shooing them away already.

Providence. March 11 was the birthday of Don Alvaro to whom my friend prays to for my intention. Was it meant to be that they leave on his birthday? Was it also meant to be that I had become impatient and that they had to leave bitterly? I reflected and realized that perhaps, it was meant to be because they might not live in their house anymore if no one complained to them. It was perhaps already the right time for them to go. All these may be right, but there is now sibling rivalry. I texted and apologized but she does not reply. This story is unfinished, and will only be finished as soon as my sister forgives me for being impatient, and when she realizes that yes, it was already the time for them to leave.

No comments: