Sunday, March 05, 2006

Just Doing What I Have to Do

Just last Friday, I gave in to my pride. My colleagues were teasing another colleague about being promoted. My horns started to creep out that instant, thinking that she does not deserve to be promoted because she is like this and like that. Of course, behind all those criticisms is my conceit to think that I ought to be the one to be promoted since I am an obedient employee. Call me self-righteous! As thoughts of last Friday sink in to my head, I realized that I don't need to be promoted. I reached this realization because I remembered that I should keep my eyes on heaven and my feet on the ground by doing the things that I know I ought to do.

No matter how qualified I think I may be for a promotion, I don't have the right to demand for a position. If my superioirs do not notice my accomplishments, then so be it. They don't know me. They probably have not seen my resumé. It all boils down to my negligence and for not showing them what I can do.

Yes, that colleague of mine is indeed a very good and knowledgeable teacher. She does make good decisions. And with these, I salute her.

No comments: