Saturday, December 03, 2005

Confession

Humbling. Very humbling. The priest made me cry inside and almost shed a tear. I was glad that he humbled me because humbling myself is not enough.

I told him everything wrong I did with regard to my uncharitable dealings with my colleagues, and he scolded me. As I tried to defend myself, he would put me down. He shook me with realities that I have to face. He made me see the hypocrite inside me and that made me cry.

That was really an awakening moment. I didn't know what gave me the strength to make a public apology last night, but now I know who did: Our Lady. It's the 3rd day of the novena to the Immaculate Conception. I'm very convinced that as always, she is there for me to counsel me and at the same time pour onto me abounding grace to help me carry out what she counsels. She truly is the Mother of Good Counsel, and Mediatrix of Grace.

I hope I can sustain this consciousness of her presence so I can live through life peacefully and cheerfully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Trish... just as you are facing your own challenges, I am going through one of a personal and professional kind... not like the one before, something simplier but still, it is unsettling when one is not at peace... then, I thought of checking out blogs and came across yours... I don't know the story of what or how you could have hurt your colleagues but be rest assured that you are not the only one who commits mistakes, we all do and through some guidance, we do find our way back to being ourselves. These challenges allow us to grow and learn... and be stronger... and more charitable and understanding of others... I wish you guys were closer than far... I wish you guys - the group that I will always think of as my extended family are around me right now as I go go through self doubt... for the assurance that I will get through this and be a stronger person out of it... with that I say, your heart Trish is good... don't ever doubt that... and as always, it with Divine guidance that we find our way back with faith and willingness and trust that things happen for reason and the consciousness of our decisions.... I don't know if I am making any sense right now but all I know is that I miss you guys very much... and although we are all separated by distance, always know that I am here for you... no matter how much we've all changed... I have faith that the bond we all share will remain... I do hope to find myself in Manila sooner than later... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lizafoo!!! :)

Yes, we all go through a certain crisis in our lives, and God tests us how we will react to them.

You made me cry with your response. I am glad that I know I have a friend out there on the other side of the globe who still cares. Love is repaid with love. I hope I can repay you. Can't wait til March next year!!! :)

And it is quite true that though we may not be the same persons during our "glory days," the fact remains that we were once friends, and time will tell if we truly were friends then.

Keep in touch! Miss you.