Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Being Alone and Boyfriends

It's quite a boring weekend I should say. I'm not quite used to being at home on a Saturday, but I guess now I have to learn how to change my lifestyle. Why am I alone? Not that I don't have friends, but I think it's the kind of friends that I have. All of them are not really outgoing people because they are all workaholics! Not that I am not a workaholic and I only want to waste all of my time... A friend of mine commented to me that I better get a boyfriend soon so I can get a LIFE.

Oh well, as if that's easy to get one.

I believe that only 1% of the male (single, that is) population is husband quality. (MEN, comment please.) I am not the kind of woman who would grab the first man who says he likes me for the sake of having a boyfriend and not being alone. I think I'd rather be alone than with someone who embraces me like I was some trophy (or Helen of Troy) to show to the anonymous world. I'd rather be alone than with someone I have to act like his nanny. I may sound like I am a feminist but I'm not. I'm just trying to be a woman...of essence.

To look for or to wait for?

Should women look for their ideal men or wait for them? Quite a difficult question to answer but there is, nevertheless, an answer. Women, at least in my opinion, should wait... and look. We are women. We are not jungle animals who pounce on our prey. Traditionally, men are the ones who choose among the women. Can't force the men to like us because they don't have as much patience (ehem) and maturity (ehem) to be with us. Women have more patience for the men who may come to their lives. To look for them, we, women of character, should also learn how to look. We look for them by choosing the kind of crowd we hang around with. We have to learn also how to choose the place to spend our time.

No comments: